Northeast Georgia Health System(NGHS), a not-for-profit community health system serving over 1,000,000 people,is currently recruiting a Physician to join our Palliative Care service line. NGHS is now a three-hospital system that totals over 700 beds. NGMC-Gainesville (557-beds), NGMC-Braselton (100-beds) and NGMC-Barrow (56-beds).
- Palliative Care Team currently consists of one (1) Physician and two (2) Nurse Practitioners, Social Worker and Chaplain
- Schedule is Monday through Friday; 8am-5pm
- Looking to expand the practice to include an outpatient clinic
- Will work collaboratively with physician, nurse practitioners, other consultants and primary team, as well as an interdisciplinary team including Social Worker, Case Management and chaplain
- Will participate in the initial consults, develop and implement care
**The ideal candidate will possess a mature, warm and patient personality with a passion for palliative medicine and care. Flexibility and compassionate bedside manner are essential. Must be a self-starter who takes initiative to work collaboratively with Interdiscliplinary Team.
- Fellowship trained in Palliative Medicine desired
- Board certified/eligible in Hospice/Palliative Medicine
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine required
Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) isn’t just Georgia’s #1 Hospital for the third consecutive year, it’s also among the top 10 in the nation for the second consecutive year according to a recent study by an independent healthcare quality rating service.
The CareChex study also rated NGMC as
- #1 in Georgia for Overall Hospital Care
- #1 in Georgia for Stroke Care
- #1 in Georgia for Women’s Health
- #1 in Georgia for Cardiac Care – which marks the eleventh year in a row NGMC is rated Georgia’s #1 Heart Hospital.
Weoffer Highly Competitive Compensation Plans, 401K Matching / 457B Plans and Life, Health & Disability Insurance. We are in the 4th fastest growing area in the country with activities for all ages including beautiful hiking, mountain bike trails and water sports on Lake Lanier.
To learn more about these opportunities, contact: Erica Morrison, Physician Recruiter at: 770.219.3021 or Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org